Thursday 5 July 2012

Dimension Stamps: Frosty’s Fashion Frenzy

Dimension Stamps launched Frosty’s Fashion Frenzy (Stamp ref: 2400067a) on Create and Craft last Wednesday 4th July and I was honoured to be asked if I would make some sample cards for the show. Well, true to form I didn't exactly do as I was asked......

Tree Ornament










The stamps just cried out tree ornament to me, and what a fantastic way to get the kids involved with those Christmas preparations.

All I did was stamp the snowman in one of the outfits, coloured him in and cut him out. In the lower section I cut out the middle leaving a thin border (enough to attach the photo!). I mounted him onto the photo then onto some navy card adding the ribbon as a hanger and cut around him leaving a small border.

Ribbon was added for the scarf along with a bucket full of stickles and of course no tree ornament snowman would be complete without googley eyes.

Little lady is going to be busy making these for Grandparents, I think!



 

Scrapbook Page

For this scrapbook page I stamped and dressed the snowman, coloured him in and cut him out. I then stamped the lamppost again coloured this and cut it out. For the lettering I used Plain Lowercase Alphabet (ref: 1801014a). I made them by stamping one letter and creating and mask for it before I stamped the next. To add the snowmen into each letter, I trimmed the mask of the letters each side of the letter I was working on and added the snowman image. It was quite time consuming and fiddly but well worth it in the end as it gave the page a sense of depth but it was actually as flat as a pancake, so perfect for adding to the album. I then coloured the lettering in, in alternate colours and added a bit of sparkle, I added shadow to the letters with a grey pen.

For the background of the photo's I just randomly stamped the snowman's clothes and coloured it all in and lightly distressed around the edge.

To make it up I chose a matching 12 x12 paper, matted up the photos onto the stamped background then onto two corresponding papers and placed this centrally on the paper. I then added the lamppost, snowman and lettering.

Christmas Count Down



I just couldn't resist having a play!  To make this "Christmas Countdowner" I cut an A4 piece of thick green card in half (A5) to create the back and I cut the other half into strips to make the frame, I matted these onto thicker strips of gold card. I then created the background (not that you can see it in the picture!) I tore a couple of post-it notes to make hills and using distress inks created a sky, I then used a mister to give it a molted effect. I left this to dry for a while. Next I stamped a Mrs Snowlady using as many bits as possible, theses were then coloured in cut out and assembled. Once the background was completely dry I stamped and coloured in the lamppost. I then positioned all the frame and the Snowlady to find out where I could stamp my words and leaves. For the words I used  Plain Alphabet with Words (stamp ref: 2400050a), and the Krystal Tips Upper and Lowercase Alpha (Stamp ref: 2400012a). These were then coloured in.

To finish off I covered the background with sticky backed plastic (you could also use acetate!), added the frame, Snowlady and brads. I then stuck all this to the backing cards. Added two eyelets and ribbon! The Snowlady was then glittered and glossed up!

To add the number of days just use a dry wipe pen!

I had soooo much fun using these stamps, I really recommend you check out the Dimension Stamps blog to see what ideas the very talented design team have come up with, as they actually have made some cards hehehe!



No comments:

Post a Comment