Tuesday 30 October 2012

Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative

Sew Creative is a new set from Dimension Stamps (ref: 2400073a) and it is fabulous I have had so much fun playing with this stamp set.
I couldn't resist playing with Alcohol Inks as I think they work so well with the wire manikin.


This card was so simple to make, the hardest part was deciding when to stop adding bits!
For the background I cut a strip of mirri card and "sploshed" Alcohol Ink onto it until I liked how it looked. When it was dry I then stamped the wire manikin in black Stazon ink. At the bottom I stamped "Just Because" from the Grand Word Perfect 2 set (ref: 1803069a). Then around the edge I stamped the straight stitch.
To the manikin I added a lace skirt and a pink ribbon belt, adding a brad and a bead cap as a buckle. I then matted this onto black card and I added two more brads and bead caps to the two visible corners.
Next I covered a black DL card with some backing paper (I went for a lace effect one!).
Down the left side of the card I added the same pink ribbon as the belt and added a diamante buckle.
To finish the card I added the stamped image tucking it under the ribbon. Then in the top corner I added a zip flower (I just love these!) and two hat pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment