Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day

Normally I make the same card for both my mum and my mother in law but this year I was a little late making my cards so I needed to make one quick to get it in the post, it will be a couple of days late, whoops!

This card was made using two of my new stamps called Baby Butterfly and Mini Corner Cogs. I wanted the card to be quite bright and full of spring, so I tried to stick to yellows, oranges and greens.


To make this card I used the following:
Stamps: Baby Butterfly stamp set by Craft Roo Designs. Mini Corner Cogs stamp set by Craft Roo Designs (available soon on our new website!). Grand Word Perfect by Dimension Stamps.
Inks: Distress inks: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge.Memento ink: Rich Coaco.
Other items: Crackle Paint, Tattered Florals Tim Holtz Die, brad and bead cap.

This is my Little ladys card for her nana, I was really impressed as she asked for a leaf and flower, granted she stamped the leaf in pink and the flower in blue then "coloured" them in until they can only just be seen, but hey at least she is starting to think about what goes together!
Also check out that distressing on the top and bottom of the card, I think she is going to love her distress inks as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment