Wednesday, 24 January 2018

Let's talk Distress Oxides Part 2....

So who wants to make this card?????



Again this is soo easy to do but takes no time at all!!!

First up I trimmed an A5 piece of white card down by 2cm on each side so my piece ended up 13.5cm by 20cm. 

I always use heavy weight card about 300gsm! Why? well I am a messy crafter I love to throw lots of inks, paints, anything really at my cards and I want to know it isn't going to buckle of worse if its a card not stand up, so I use 300gsm when and where I can. But that being said each card blend is different and you will have your preferences too! So I guess what I am trying to say is you will find what works best for you and your style - I hope that helps!

Next I chose my colours I went for fossilized amber, wild honey, cracked pistachio and for contrast on the flower peeled paint and seedless preserves.

I then stamped the Mini Distressed square Poly Plate in fossilized amber about an inch in from the top and left hand side. I cleaned my stamp (make sure you remove all ink as Distress Oxides will contaminated really easily!), then I stamped the wild honey and finally cracked pistachio.


Next I spritzed some water into the palm of my hand and flicked it at the card. If I had spritzed my card directly I would have just got tiny dots this way I get the big blobs. Dab the water off with kitchen roll - the longer you leave it on the more colour will be "bleached". Keep doing this until you are happy with the result.


Fab hey! Next I stamped the Amazing Funky Flower in black Archival in ink onto the card and onto a spare piece of card too.

Paint the leaves of the flower on the card in peeled paint. And on the spare add the seedless preserve to the flower heads - I used a scrunched up bit of kitchen roll to do my colouring/distressing.


Next I found a sentiment that fitted into the bottom square and stamped it in black Archival Ink.


Mount this onto a 1cm larger piece of black card and mount onto an A5 base card. Cut out your flower heads out and glue or tape them in place. I used foam tape on mine. I also think I needed to some gems in the flower stamens just to finish it off .




No comments:

Post a comment