Wednesday 5 June 2019

TEXTURE - All about the dots.....

Hi, 

Here at Crafty Roo HQ we have decided June should be all textures, so throughout June we will be giving a shout out to our TEXTURE stamps starting with the fabulous Dotties stamp. 



First up I chose three of my favourite aka my go to colours of Distress Oxides (peacock feather, picked raspberry and wilted violet) and I applied them heavily to my tag - the more colour you apply the better the resist will be.



Next up, I spritzed some water onto my mat and tapped the Dotties stamp into it, then stamped it onto the tag and blotted of the water with kitchen roll, I did this all over the tag.



Then using peacock feathers and wilted violet I stamped the Dotties in areas around my tag.



Using the Handwriting TEXTURE stamp I randomly inked it up in wilted violet - I wanted it to have a distressed look when stamped randomly on my tag.  




Next on a scrap piece of card I spritzed it using a Brusho spray of Azillan Crimson and dried it, over this I stamped the Handwriting stamp again in permanent purple ink. I wasn't happy with the texture so I stamped Dotties in picked raspbery over Stan to add more texture. 



When this was dry I stamped the body of the flower Stan and cut these out leaving a small border around the edge.



On the tag I stamped Stan and the sentiment in black Versafine and dried this using a heat gun.



When it was dry I started to add highlights and doodles to this using a white Gelly Roll pen.



I wanted a few more dots around Stan so using the Dot stamp (included with Stan) and permanent black ink I stamped a few extra of these and highlighted them in the same way using the white Gelly Roll Pen.



I then found a piece of organza ribbon but it looked too crisp, so onto a non porous surface a placed some peacock feathers, spritzed it with water then dabbed the ribbon it to this and dried it using a heat gun - BE CAREFUL as the ribbon will singe very easily.



I repeated this with picked raspberry and wilted violet.

When I was happy with the colour the ribbon still looked too "clean" so using the Dots stamp and the Imperial Purple Versafine I stamped over it until it looked right for my tag.



Next I attached the body of Stan onto my tag using 3d glue gel and added Glossy Accents to the raised parts.



When it was dry I attached my ribbon.




I just love the Dotties stamp it really is my go to stamp for creating background, I hope you enjoy our month of textures, I and we'd love to see what you create

See you soon

Kym xx

Items used:

No comments:

Post a Comment