Saturday 3 November 2012

Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative

This is the first card I made using the new stamp set Sew Creative (ref: 2400073a) from Dimension Stamps. 
I love how it turned out and I think it has to be my favourite card!

I know I gave you all a sneaky peep at it last week but here's the details on how I made it.
The only stamps I used in this card were from Sew Creative and Grand Word Perfect 2 (ref: 1803069a).
I started by making the background, for this I used canvas paper and a clock mask, I coloured/inked it up using blues, purples and pale browns. Once I was happy with how it looked I added some Aged Wine Frantage Embossing enamel (I just love this stuff!), I just dropped it onto the canvas and heated it so I got a splatted effected.
Next I used some purple paper, and cut a 2in strip and stamped the double stitch along both edges. I then distressed this and folded it. To this I added a narrow strip of black and a strip of patterned ribbon. I attached this to the canvas paper and matted it onto black card.  Finally I attached this to a purple card.

For the topper I stamped the wire manikin onto a rectangle of white card, then stamped around the edge with the double stitch. I then distressed this in the purple and blue. Once I was happy I covered it in clear embossing enamel.
With the enamel embossing powders the longer you heat them the smother the finish, I tend to try and keep alot of the texture by only heating it till it melts which leaves a bobbly effect. I then add a dark distress ink with fills in the gaps in the enamel giving it that aged look.
Around the waist of the manikin I added some chain and a couple of embellishments, then near the neck I added a paper flower and brad. I then matted the topper onto black card and added brads and bead caps to three corners.
For the sentiment I die cut two shapes one larger than the other, the larger one I added Frantage embossing enamel to. To the other one I stamped the wire look border and stamped "Dream" in the centre, I then covered it in Crackle Paint.
To finish the card I attached the topper to the card at an angle. Then attached the sentiment using 3D glue. Into the top of the sentiment I added two hat pins.
I think all the different textures on this card really work together to give it such a unique look!

No comments:

Post a Comment