Tuesday 21 May 2013

Last minute commission.....

For a last minute make I love how these cards turned out.



I had a less than a days notice for these two cards so I couldn't use my glossy accents or crackle paint as it might not of quite dried in time and nobody wants to receive a soggie card! So I rummaged through my crafty bits and found Glitter Paste which dries virtually instantly it was perfect for the job!

My brief for the cards was two girly, Thank You cards in pink and purple. For these cards I used my Baby Butterfly and Mini Cog Corners stamp sets and a very old "Thank You" sentiment from Dimension Stamps.

To make this card I started by stamping two butterflies onto a square piece of off white card in a very pale pink or purple distress ink. I then used a darker pink or purple distress ink and added it to the wings making the wings darker at the centre and lighter towards the sides. 

Then in the dark distress ink I stamped the butterflies whoosh, and the mini corner in the top left hand corner,  the sentiment in the bottom right corner. And finished off the frame using the straight piece masking off any bits that needed to be. I then distressed around the edges. To finish this off I then stamped over the butterfly using Glitter Paste.

Next I cut a piece of copper pearl card and clear embossed the mini cogs stamp around the edge.

For the base card I stamped the mini cogs stamp all over in the darker distress ink and then distressed around the edge.

To finish the card off I matted all the pieces onto each other then added a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment