Sunday 1 September 2013

Dragonfly games

This card always makes me laugh when I look at it, as, whilst I was making it Little Lady asked me why the "agonflees" (dragonflies) were playing catch! It made me chuckle then and it still tickles me now!


Anyway, here's how to make a card with the Dragonflies playing catch on it.

I started by cutting a 7 & 1/2 inch square piece of white card. In the bottom left corner I stamped a couple of poppy heads from the Poppy Cogs stamp set. I then masked these off.

Next I stamped Baby Dragonfly in blue and then stamped it again to get a fainter image. I repeated this with green ink.

In the top right corner I stamped the Postage marks and Sentiment from the Postage Sentiments stamp set.

Using a pale Distress Ink I then distressed the whole piece of card then using a much darker brown ink I distressed around the edge.

Around the edge of the paper I then stamped the thick border from Large Cog Corner. This was then mounted on to a larger piece of green card.

Across the bottom left corner I added some lace, ribbon, fabric flowers, a brad and some hat pins. In each corner I also added a large brad. This was then attached to a burgundy 8 inch square card.

To finish off the card I added some Glossy Accents to the sentiment to make it stand out.

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment