Sunday 22 September 2013

Simple Butterfly

What another crazy week I have had, everyone kept telling me I would have loads of time to get my jobs done now Little Lady is out every afternoon but, no joke I seem to have less time! 

I have also been working on some samples for Dimension Stamps which I have to get in the post early this week so watch this space..... 

Also I am working on a couple of commissioned pieces it's all very exciting, as for two of them I haven't been given much direction so I am free to play and try new things out! So hopefully once I have finished them I will be able to share them too!!!!!

Anyway, here is a card I made a while ago using rub-ons and watered down distress inks, it is quite messy (well it is when I do it) but it is great fun to do, as you don't know what it is going to look like till is dries. I saw it used on one of Tim Holtz tags and it made me dust off my box of rub-ons!


To make this card I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than a DL card and onto the bottom of the card I filled it using birthday related rub-ons. When it was filled I then "splodged" some Distress Inks onto a glass mat and spritzed it and placed the card into it making sure all the card was covered in ink. The card was then removed from the ink and dried it (with the remaining ink I kept watering it down and placing card into it to make some backing papers!).

Next I stamped the Baby Butterfly onto some white card, cut it out and distressed it. Then I attached some wire and a couple of beads to a small safety pin to make the body and antenna of the butterfly.

Once the background card was dry I distressed around the edges, and added some lace and ribbon across the card just above the rub-ons. This was then attached to a Black DL card and I added a pink brad to each corner.

To finish off the card I added the butterfly and the safety pin body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment