Tuesday 21 August 2012

Dimension Stamps: A Touch of ....Winter


For these cards I used A Touch of ... Winter stamp set (ref: 0701086a). These stamps from Dimension Stamps are just beautiful and have so much detail, that they are a pleasure to work with.
This first card uses the Violet stamp (it can be purchased separately stamp ref: 0701083a). I started by creating the background, by stamping "Happy Birthday" in the bottom right hand corner and tore a mask for it. Then I stamped the Violet randomly in brown ink. It was trimmed to be 7 1/2 inch square and distressed, I then cut a blue backing for it. I then wet a square piece of card that would fit the image on (the paper needs to be wetter than damp, but not dripping!) I then coloured in my stamp using Whispers pens. I then stamped the image. When you stamp the ink runs and that gives the impression that the image is coloured in. Wait for it to dry! When dry stamp the image again over the coloured image in brown ink, and distress the edges. I then found two paper flowers a blue and a white one and stamped the image onto both of them.

To finish the card I wrapped string around the backing card and fixed it to and 8 x 8 inch square card. I cut a backing for the image in both the blue and brown card and fixed them at angles in the top left corner. Finally I added the flowers and a button.

Carnation

This photo definitely doesn't do this card any favours! But anyway here's how I made it.

Using the Carnation stamp (this too can be purchased separately stamp ref: 0701079a) I stamped around the edge of an A4 Card. I distressed around the edge of the card then coloured them in using distress inks and a water brush.

Next I stamped the Carnation on the back of some silver card/mirror card. Using different sized embossing tools I embossed the image (on the back!). Once I was happy with the embossing on the shinning side I used my alcohol inks to give it some colour, I wasn't very neat and using rubbed the inks over the embossed areas.

Once I was happy with it I stamped "Happy Birthday" in Stazon ink onto the silver card. And backed it in black card.

When everything was dry I attached the embossed image to the card and added a ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment