Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dimension Stamps: A Christmas Star

Dimension Stamps recently launched their new Christmas stamp set A Christmas Star (ref:2400069a) It's a beautiful set that really was fun to work with. Here's a couple of my ideas...

Paisley Passion

This card is really easy to make (once I learnt how to subtract one number from another!) All I did was stamp the paisley stamp in stripes in blue ink on white card. Then trimmed it down so it was 7 1/2 inch square. (Now here's where I got confused, tho that could have something to do with a little lady running around shouting 1, 2, 3, 9!). Next I gutted the card so that the piece was just over 5 1/2 inches, then trimmed it to be 5 1/2 inch square, as, I am not very neat with a craft knife! I did this again so the centre piece measured 3 1/2 inch square. I distressed the edges. Onto velum I stamped one of the greetings from Word Perfect at Christmas Time (stamp ref: 1803063a.) in blue Stazon and  in trimmed it to fit the 3 1/2 inch square. Next I cut three squares in blue card in the following sizes 7 3/4, 5 3/4 and 3 3/4.

To make up the card, I took a 8 x 8 inch square card distressed the edge and layered up the card. To attach the velum greeting I used brads and upturned bead caps. To finish off I added some ribbons and beads.

Oh Christmas Tree.....

To make this tree I cut an 11 inch circle, cut it in half and glued down one edge. I then decoupaged eight of the large poinsettia and two of the small. I started by gluing five of the large poinsettias around the base of the one to form the bottom tier, the next layer was made from the remaining three large flowers and finally the two small flowers created the top tier. To finish off I add a small gold bow between each of the flowers. I want to try to make it in black and white next as I think it will look so stunning!








All recycled

I am not quite sure what to call this, all I knew is I wanted to try to make a decoration out of recycled items. To make this I stamped the large poinsettia in silver onto white card, then I took an old CD and positioned it so that the flower hung over the left hand side, and cut it out. I then stamped a greeting from Word Perfect at Christmas Time (stamp ref: 1803063a.) to the right hand side of the flower and filled in any space I had left with the swirls from the large poinsettia. I then decoupaged the flower using black for the leaves and white for the petals, then lightly distressed them and coated them in crackle paint.  Then I glued the CD to the card. Next I distressed three dollies and positioned and glued them to the back of the CD. (So that the white card is covered on the back.)







To make the back I cut out a circle the size of the CD and stamped on the same greeting as on the front and added swirls. I stamped and decoupaged the small flower again in black and white. I then found some ribbons in matching colours added an embellishment and hat pins. This was all glued to the CD. Using a crop-a-dile I added an eyelet so I could hang it. To create the "hanger" I recycled some old key rings and jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment