Friday 23 August 2013

Simply Poppies

I love how this card turned out! Makes me think think of those long hot summer days..... 

Oh and it was also pointed out that the poppy head looks like a Ladybird, so watch this space as they might be appearing soon!


To make this card I started by stamping the edge from Large Cog Corner to make a corner in two opposite corners and masked them off.

Next I stamped two leaves and the poppy heads and masked them off to add the stems (Poppy Cogs).

These were then coloured in using watercolours.

When everything was dry I distressed it all and went around the edge ith a silver marker pen. This was then mounted onto a red piece of card (which I had also edged in silver) and then onto an A5 Kraft Card.

To finish off the card I added two silver corner embellishments. A large bow, sentiment and some hatpins.

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment