Tuesday 11 August 2015

Seasons Greetings

It feels so strange to sit and make Christmas cards when we are having such lovely weather and even more so after spending yesterday playing on the beach and today wandering around the Zoo! 

Anyway back to the serious stuff - NEW STAMPS!!!!!!! 

This card is one of the first cards I made using our NEW Christmas Tree - Seasons Greetings and Sparkle Flourish Stamps and I love it! From start to finish everything just worked and I am so please with the finished card.


I started by stamping the Christmas Tree onto white card in clear ink and adding Silver embossing powder. This was then trimmed down and distressed using Faded Jeans when I was happy I "polished" the embossing using a piece of kitchen roll. Using Faded Jeans and a water brush I then coloured in the star, trunk and open letters (greetings).

Next I cut a 7.5 inch square piece of white card and across it I stamped Sparkle Flourish and embossed them in silver. I did the top 2 rows then the bottom 2 and then finally the middle one so that the ink didn't dry before I put the embossing powder on.This was then distressed and polished as before.

The embossed flourish was then mounted onto the blue piece of card 0.5 inch bigger than the white and a piece of cord added. all of this when then attached to the front of an 8 inch square card.

The Christmas Tree was then mounted onto blue card too with a brad added to each corner and then attached to the front of the card.

If you like our stamps, why not check out our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment