Sunday 25 August 2013

Dragonfly Dreams

It is very rare for me to stick to the idea I first have for a card, but, for this one I did! I love the cream and Kraft card combo......


To make this card I started by stamping the Baby Dragonfly twice onto Kraft card and once onto cream card and cut them out. On the reverse I re-stamped them, distressed them slightly and left them to one side.

Next I cut out two 3 inch squares in cream and two in Kraft card, around the edge of each of the squares I stamped the stem from Poppy Cogs to create a border, distressed them lightly and left to one side.

Onto a 7 1/2 inch square piece of cream card I randomly stamped the postage mark and "Birthday Wishes 2U"  sentiment from Postage Sentiments (I stamped onto a scrap of paper before stamping onto the background card to get a fainter image), then around the edge I stamped a border using Poppy Cogs again and lightly distressed. And a small square copper brad in each corner. Next mount this onto an 8 inch square Kraft card, which had also been stamped around the edge and distressed.

The four squares were added to the card and the three Dragonfly's added to the alternate coloured squares, I only stuck them down along the body and lifted the wings. For the final square I stamped the Postage mark onto cream card, cut it out and distressed it. The sentiment was also stamped onto cream card punched out using a 1 inch circle punch, distressed and stuck it into a bottle top using Glossy Accents. This was finished off with a few travel related embellishments.

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment