Sunday 4 August 2013

Nina Crafts: Flutterby

This card has also been made using the new stamp from Nina Crafts Butterfly Flourish. I also used Window of waves and Posie Passion.

I have approximately and million and one, okay maybe not that many but ALOT! of aperture cards just sat in my craft room gathering dust so I decided they need to be used and I just love how it worked for this card! 


To make this card I started by cutting a piece of white card slightly smaller than my aperture card and stamped the butterfly into the center. I stamped the butterfly again onto vellum, then stamped two of each of the flowers from Posie Passion and over stamped them all with Window of Waves and left them all on one side to dry!

I then coloured in the butterfly flourish that had been stamped onto white card and distressed around it. This was then positioned in the aperture and trimmed down to fit. 

In two opposite corners around the aperture I stamped the swirl from Window of Waves, to do this I stamped it once and created a mask (leaving a 2mm border when I cut it out) and stamped it again. I then coloured in the dots and distressed around the edges.

Next I cut out the flowers and the butterfly and coloured in the butterfly on the reverse using the same colours that were used on the white card.

To finish the card I attached the butterfly flourish to the inside of the card and added the flower before sticking down the back of the aperture card. Then I added a big ribbon and some hat pins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment