Thursday 1 August 2013

Nina Craft: Come and Play?

This card was inspired by a close friend of mine who happened to mention she was having trouble getting hold of one of the mums at her daughters school ,as they always seemed to miss each other. And her daughter is constantly asking for this friend to come and play. Well always up for a challenge and not wanting my friends little girl to miss out on some fun I set to work......


I made a lot of these little fellas, all gender neutral of course!!!!!!

For this card I used the new stamp sets from Nina Crafts Tufties in Love, Tufty Wishes and ABC 123.

To make them I started by stamping Tufties in Love onto the smallest piece of white card possible, coloured them in and rounded the corners. This was then mounted onto patterned paper and then again onto white card.

Next I stamped "Sing... Dance... Play..." diagonally across the top half of a 6 by 6 inch square card. Over the bottom of the card I added some patterned paper and finished it off with some ribbon (to hide the edges!).

I then cut a die cut shape, out of white card and the next size up one from patterned paper. Onto the white card I stamped "Come and play?". I put the die back around the die cut shape and "coloured it"  using Distress Inks and then mounted it onto the patterned paper.

To finish the card I stuck the Tufties to the bottom left of the card and the sentiment just above. The bottom right corners was looking a little plain so I  added quick doodle as I couldn't find the perfect brad!

They are (as my little lady would say) "Super Fast" to make and my friend loved the batch I gave her so much so she has asked for a batch to give to a friend of hers lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment