Saturday 3 August 2013

Nina Crafts: Butterfly Engagement

So I have said it many times before but here goes...... 

The idea for this card (in my head) was simple nothing over the top, well.......


I tried! And it looks nothing like the idea I started with!

For this card I used the new Flutterby Flourish, Occasions and Popular Phrases stamp sets from Nina Crafts.

To make this card I started by stamping the butterfly twice onto white card and cutting them out I then cut a piece of white card 2cm smaller than an A5 card and positioned the butterfly in the top left corner (but didn't stick it down). I then placed the word stamps onto the card making sure they were clean first! And lay a large acrylic block over them to make sure they stayed in position and fiddled until I was happy with how they would stamp out. These were then stamped and embossed in copper embossing powder.

Next around the edges of the card I stamped the flourish part of the butterfly stamp and coloured it in lightly. When it was dry I quickly brushed the edges with a copper Distress Stain. This was then matted onto copper pearl card and I added a brad to each corner. This was then matted onto a cream pearl A5 card.

To finish off the card I coloured in one butterfly using distress stain and added it to the card along with the other butterfly that I then added Stickles to the wing sections and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment