Sunday 21 October 2012

Dimension Stamps: My Journal (April - June)

Just sharing some more of my journal!


The main stamps on these pages were made using  the following Dimension Stamps stamp sets It's a Date Calender set (ref: 2400070a) and Forever Floral (ref: 2400061a).

April.

 
 
I think April has to be one of my favourite pages it came together so quickly but I just love how it looks.
 
To make this page I used the Postage Stamp set (ref: 1808011A) and stamped two of the largest and middle sizes postage stamps. Into the two largest ones I stamped the Sweet Pea and the word "Sweet Pea". Then in one of the middle size ones I stamped "April" and a butterfly from the Butterfly Background (ref: 0604066A) in the last one, these were all coloured in and blackout the edges of the postage stamps. 
 
For the background  I just used some paper and matted it onto pink card before attaching it to the page.
 
I added the postage stamps and then covered them in crackle paint to add some texture.
 
For calender part I masked off the grid then randomly stamped the Sweet Pea in the gaps and coloured them in then distressed around the edge.
 
May

 

For May I wanted to get that woodland feel!
 
To make the background I used a "twiggy" mask and tried to create the feeling of a sunny spring day. I then stamped the "Lilly of the Valley" three times, and a butterfly from the Butterfly Background (ref: 0604066A),  then I coloured these in.
 
Finally I stamped the word "May" in the bottom corner, added a ribbon across the top and added some stickles.
 
For the calendar part I used the mask again.

June.


For June I die cut a bird out of patterned paper and it's wing out of plain white card.
 
Next I cut a square of white card and stamped the Rose to the left hand so it looked like the bird is holding when I stuck it back down. I then stamped the word "Rose" twice in each corner so that I could put a brad between the two word. I then stamped the rose head onto the wing. Next I coloured in both the roses and distressed around the edges. This was then matted onto black card then I added brads to each corner.
 
For the background I choose some matching paper and added a strip of white card to the bottom where I stamped "June" and two Roses. I then distressed around the edge.
 
To finish this page off I added ribbon over the edge of the white card.
 
On the calender page I stamped the Rose onto each of the grids and coloured them in (lightly!).
 
I think this would make a nice Valentines day or Anniversary card!

No comments:

Post a Comment