Saturday 13 October 2012

Happy Birthday!

I made this card for a friend of mine (note she wasn't 60!). I wanted to do something different and I think it worked!



For the background I used canvas paper, masks and different pink distress ink pads which was then sprayed with a silver shimmer.

I then cut out the Tim Holtz Sizzix Sewing Room and the bridcage. On the dress makers stand I stamped the Carnation from the Dimension Stamps Forever Floral stamp set (ref: 2400061a) and coloured in using distress inks. For the birdcage I cut of the top then, distressed it and embossed it using Vintage Enamel (Aged Wine). The wings were stamped directly onto the backing paper and embossed using Stardust embossing powder.

The strip crossed the card was made by folding strips from a torn up book and distressed. The ribbon and buckle was then added.

To finish the card I aded brads to three of the corners and in the last corner I stamped "Happy Birthday" (this was from A Touch of...Winter stamp ref: 0701086a).

It was matted onto a peice of purple card then onto Kraft card.

For the inside of the card I cut a strip of the purple card and stamped the Carnation randomly over it then distress it. I then cut out to wo dies a larger one from an old book and one from cream card these were then distressed.










No comments:

Post a Comment