Wednesday 6 February 2013

Craft room find....

I recently had to admit my crafting table needed tidying up as I didn't have any space left to work. So be-grudgingly I started putting all the stamps away, sorting that mountain of unruly ribbons and then I spotted a half made card ......

Well it would have been rude not to finish it hey!



For this card I used the following stamp sets from Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative (ref: 2400073a) and Patchwork panel.

All I did to make the background was stamp the patchwork panel four times onto a page of an old book, cut them out and distressed two in green and the other two in pink/red. I then cut a piece of scrap card to measure 13cm square and stuck the four stamped images randomly covering the scrap card. Then I cut off any excess of the stamped image. Then distressed this too.

Next I stamped the patchwork panel onto plain white card, coloured it in and distressed it. (This is how I found it!).

So I then cut a 14cm square base card and a mount for the patchwork panel to sit on out of kraft card. I then distressed both kraft card bit in red. Next I stamped around the edge of the background with a straight stitch and attached it to the base card.
Next I stamped a thimble onto a scrap of white card then masked it off and stamped a cotton reel, then coloured it, distressed it and cut it out.

To finish of the card I attached the patchwork panel at and angle and stamped around it with a zig zag stitch. Then I added the thimble and cotton reel to the bottom right corner. Finally I raided my button box and added a few buttons to the card.

And as for my crafting table, yep you guessed it, it is still a mountain of crafting loveliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment