Tuesday 26 February 2013

Nina Crafts: Beep Beep Wall Canvas

I am really pleased with how this wall canvas turned out! I wanted it to be big, bold and bright and I think it ticks all those boxes!



To make this wall canvas I used the following stamp sets: Beep Beep, Vroom Vroom, Krystal Tips Alphabet and number sets, all from Dimension Stamps.

I started by painting the four corners of the canvas in different coloured acrylic paint, I then painted a piece of canvas paper in the same colours. Next I stamped the tyre tracks all over the canvas in brown ink (not Stazon as I wanted it to smudge a little as I glazed it). Then I painted some bubble wrap with silver acrylic paint and added that the canvas too. I did this whilst the paint was still wet so the bubble wrap picked up some of the other colours too. When I was happy with it, I left it to dry. When it was dry I distressed around the edges.

Next I stamped the tyre tracks along the long edges of some white printer paper, then tore along the edges on both sides and distressed it. I attached it to the centre of the canvas.

Next I stamped the car onto the canvas paper in Stazon ink, so that I had one in each of the colours. I then stamped different sayings into the number plates using the Krystal tips alphabet. I then attached these to the canvas too.

Finally I die cut a "shield" and stamped on "2 Cool" distressed it and attached it to the centre of the canvas. I then coated it all with a satin glaze to seal it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment