Tuesday 11 February 2014

Time to play

Some days I just need to play with my inks, I don't have any plan I just play and sometimes things just come together.


For this card I raided my bits box and found some small pieces of cream card and stamped the solid Daisy stamp in different colours. (To get the watercolour effect I ink up my stamp then spritz it with water.) Next I added the solid leaf and over stamped it using the detailed leaf stamp and a darker green ink. Then I stamped the detailed Daisy stamp in black.

Around the edges of the small squares I distressed and added some "sketch marks" (I do this by inking up the edge of my acrylic block and stamping it around the edge of the squares.)

The square were then mounted onto a large square piece of card that I could then stamp "Birthday Wishes" around the edge. This was then distressed too. In the four outer corners I attached a brad and a bead cap.

Finally I attached this to a 8 inch square blank card that I had randomly stamped Daisy onto.

To finish off the card I stamped the detailed Daisy onto velum four times, clear embossed it and cut them out, these were attached to the centre of the card and finished off with a button and some twine. I then added a a gem between each of the saying to make it sparkle.

Not bad really for a card that started off with no plan......

I hope you like these new stamps, if you do why not check out our website

Stamps used for this card


No comments:

Post a Comment