Wednesday 24 January 2018

Let's talk Distress Oxides Part 2....

So who wants to make this card?????



Again this is soo easy to do but takes no time at all!!!

First up I trimmed an A5 piece of white card down by 2cm on each side so my piece ended up 13.5cm by 20cm. 

I always use heavy weight card about 300gsm! Why? well I am a messy crafter I love to throw lots of inks, paints, anything really at my cards and I want to know it isn't going to buckle of worse if its a card not stand up, so I use 300gsm when and where I can. But that being said each card blend is different and you will have your preferences too! So I guess what I am trying to say is you will find what works best for you and your style - I hope that helps!

Next I chose my colours I went for fossilized amber, wild honey, cracked pistachio and for contrast on the flower peeled paint and seedless preserves.

I then stamped the Mini Distressed square Poly Plate in fossilized amber about an inch in from the top and left hand side. I cleaned my stamp (make sure you remove all ink as Distress Oxides will contaminated really easily!), then I stamped the wild honey and finally cracked pistachio.


Next I spritzed some water into the palm of my hand and flicked it at the card. If I had spritzed my card directly I would have just got tiny dots this way I get the big blobs. Dab the water off with kitchen roll - the longer you leave it on the more colour will be "bleached". Keep doing this until you are happy with the result.


Fab hey! Next I stamped the Amazing Funky Flower in black Archival in ink onto the card and onto a spare piece of card too.

Paint the leaves of the flower on the card in peeled paint. And on the spare add the seedless preserve to the flower heads - I used a scrunched up bit of kitchen roll to do my colouring/distressing.


Next I found a sentiment that fitted into the bottom square and stamped it in black Archival Ink.


Mount this onto a 1cm larger piece of black card and mount onto an A5 base card. Cut out your flower heads out and glue or tape them in place. I used foam tape on mine. I also think I needed to some gems in the flower stamens just to finish it off .




No comments:

Post a Comment