Thursday 5 July 2012

Dimension Stamps: A Festive Night by Lantern Light

This stamp set was also launched on Create and Craft on the 4th July A Festive Night by Lantern Light (stamp ref: 2400068a.)

Here's what I came up with (I did cards this time!)

Woven Card


I haven't used this technique for years but as soon as I saw the stamps I knew it needed weaving. To make the card I stamped the Lantern onto two cream pieces of cards and cut these into strips one length ways and the other width ways (always remember to take a smidge of each side of the strip to help with the weaving). I then weaved these together randomly securing each piece as I went. once completed colour in the image (I use distress inks to get that watercolour feel!) I then cut out the centre of the Lantern. On another cream piece of card I stamped the sentiment from the Word Perfect at Christmas Time (stamp ref: 1803063a.) This was distressed and attached to the Lantern. The whole image was then distressed to soften it (be careful as the pieces will move no matter how much you secured them!). The image was them added to a torn piece of burgundy card and that was then stuck onto kraft card. "Christmas Wishes" was added to the bottom.

I then added some ribbon and fibres for texture and crackle paint on the two sentiments. 

Gift Box



This box was just so easy to make, I can see a few being made at Christmas for handing out those little lady home baking treats ummmmm!  All I did was cut out a box using my Cricut and stamped on the Lantern. I then used one of the Ivy and Holly stamps from the set around the bottom. This was then coloured in using Distress inks. I then cut out the centre of the lantern. Onto acetate I stamped the window pattern. When the acetate was dry I stuck it to the inside of my box. I then glued the box together. To the top I punched holes and added eyelets for the ribbon.
I cut out the tag using my cricut added a sentiment from the Word Perfect at Christmas Time (stamp ref: 1803063a.) and filled the remaining space with the same stamp as I used for the bottom of the box. This was then coloured, distressed and added to the box.

Small Card


This card really is so quick and so simple. Onto a small piece of white card I stamped a sentiment from I cut out the tag using my cricut added a sentiment from the Word Perfect at Christmas Time (stamp ref: 1803063a.) and created a mask for the sentiment, I also masked of the edge of the piece of card. i then stamped the Ivy and holly stamp into the empty space. I removed the words mask but not the edges, i then coloured and distressed the image. This was then matted onto some gold card. On an A5 card I stamped the same image at the top and bottom of the card, this too was coloured and distressed.

I stamped the candle, cut this out and glossed it. this was all stuck to the card. To make the poinsettia I used  Petal Passion (stamp ref: 2400065a) You stamp the large flower once on green and red card. Then stamp the middle flower twice. on alternate petals add the veins, then cut the unstamped petals away, I then distressed these and curled them slightly. I then stuck them on top of each other making sure nothing was lined up and added card candi for the centre.

Poinsettia 

To make this one I just made three flower added a ribbon and strip of card and a sentiment. It really didn't need much as the flowers are just wonderful and really easy to make!

If you would like to see other ideas using this stamp set please visit the Dimension Stamps Blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment