Saturday 29 September 2012

Dimension Stamps: Seasons around the corner

Seasons around the corner is a new stamp set from Dimension Stamps (ref: 2400071a). It is a corner stamps but you know me, I like to be different!

"Union Jack"

I know it's not in the right proportions for a Union Jack but that's what inspired this card.

To make this card, I chose the butterfly corner and stamped it back to back. I then masked those corners off, and using the sun corner, I stamped it at an angle in each corner.

To colour in I used pink distress inks for the red parts and a pale blue for the blue parts.

I matted the flag onto black card then onto some denim patterned paper from my stash.

To finished off I stamped the butterfly corner and coloured it in. I then cut a 1inch circle out of the patterned paper and then stamped "With Love" from the Dimension stamps Grand Word Perfect stamp set (ref: 1803161a).  This was then stuck into a bottle top and I added glaze. I wrapped some ribbon around the top corner of the card added a pink flower and attached this using a blue safety pin. Then finally I added the finished bottle top.

I had so much fun making this one, I want to make it again but this time go all glittery!

It's a Cracker!


Every year I make a cracker for everyone at our Christmas table each one is personalised to them, and when I saw the snowflake corner I had to play!

Crackers are so easy to make all you have to do is take a strip of scrap paper slightly bigger than the present and curve it best you can (books are always tricky, they never look curved!). Wrap it loosely around the present and tape it to stay closed. Next add your snapper and any other items you want (I normally add a joke which is personalised i.e. football related hubby, fishing father-in-law, etc). Then using your "cracker paper" in this case I used brown wrapping paper, but tissue papers work really well! place the present in the centre (ensuring enough space is left either side to hold when the cracker is to be pulled) and cover the present by rolling the paper when covered fasten paper with a little bit of tape. Then gather the ends and tie, I used string.

To make the band I used the snowflake corner and twisted them to form a pattern. I then distressed the band. Finally I curved it around the cracker and stuck it with a strong glue.

To finish it off I  made a tag by stamping the corners to form a square and added "Just For You" and "Aunty" from the Dimension stamps Grand Word Perfect stamp set (ref: 1803161a). This was also distressed and attached to the cracker!

Um apparently there is only 87 days till Christmas, now isn't that exciting! Think I need to get making those Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment