Friday 21 September 2012

Dimension Stamps: A Touch of .... Autumn

A Touch Of ... Autumn (stamp ref: 0701085a) is another set in the A Touch of ... range from Dimension Stamps. They are such lovely flowers I had so much fun playing with them.

Acrylic Paint

This first card is made using the Chrysanthemum stamp


I created the background by cutting a square of card and covered it in torn pages from a book (all the torn pages were lightly distressed before being stuck down).

When the background was dry I then lightly stamped (using stazon) the chrysanthemum onto the background (again allowed this to dry) and painted it using acrylic paints. I then did the same for the butterflies (this butterfly was taken from the Butterfly Background (ref: 0604066A) I have cut mine up so I can use the butterflies individually). Once all the paint was dry I stamped the images again over were I had painted.

To finish off the card I stamped  "Happy Birthday"  across the top and added a ribbon to the corner.

I mounted it onto purple card and added it to a kraft card.

Calendula

For this card I stamped the calendula stamp.

I stamped one centrally then filled the rest of paper by masking off the stamped images. I then coloured it in using distress inks, sticking to traditional autumn colours. I added a narrow boarder of orange, and matted that onto a larger piece of yellow and stamped "Autumn" and "Falling Leaves" around the edge. I then added some brads and stuck this onto a brown card. To finish off I die cut some leaves and stamped the words on them and added two flowers and a button.

All the flowers (sorry, couldn't think of a better name!)

Now I might have got a bit carried away with this one, but hey, I just loved this stamp set!

The front page is made up of the forget-me-not stamp along with a postcard (ref: 1808010A) with the calendula stamped into it, finished of  with "With Love" sentiment from the Grand Word Perfect stamp set (ref: 1803161a) stamped across the other side.

The Second page is made up of calendulas at the bottom of the page with chrysanthemums peeking out the top.

The back page is again made up of all the flowers, with "Happy Birthday" Stamped across the top so it can be seen when the card is closed.

They are all coloured using distress inks.





No comments:

Post a Comment