Wednesday 12 September 2012

First Grey Hair!

My sister will hate me for this but she recently discovered her first grey hair, she's done well to get to her age (I was much younger!). She was devastated, to say least!

So, I thought what better way to help her "celebrate" this momentous occasion than to send her a card, just in case she had forgotten!


All the stamps I used are from Dimension Stamps:
  • Hair dryer (ref: 0105029a)
  • Plain Alphabet (ref: 1801012A), used for the G and H
  • Krystal Tips (ref: 1900006A), used for rey and air
  • Birthday Greetings (ref: 1803106A), Occasions - Greetings (ref: 1803107A) and Letter Frames, used for Congratulations on your
The card was so simple to do, I stamped the hair dryer onto white card and the circle from the letter frames. Inside the circle I stamped "Congratulations on your 1st". I then stamped an uppercase "G" and "H" onto some grey patterned paper, I then cut all the stamped images out.

To create the background I took a small piece of grey card (half the size of the front of the card) and embossed it using the cuttlebug then inked and embossed it using holographic embossing powder (I like to do this as it makes the embossed image really stand out!). On the bottom half of the card I found some more grey patterned paper, I stuck both these onto a darker piece of grey card. Where the two papers met I wrapped a piece of ribbon around.

I then stuck the circle onto a fabric flower (I didn't have a grey one so I used a blue one and distressed it with black ink) I then stuck all the stamped images on making sure I could fit "rey" and "air" next to the "G" and "H". I added brads to the corners. Finally I added glossy accents to the G, H, hairdryer and Circle (also adding card candi to the circle to separate the words.)

My sister did eventually see the funny side, but I bet she never forgets finding her first grey hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment