Friday 25 January 2013

Nina Craft: Posie Passion and Window of Waves

This card was made using stamps from two of the new stamp sets out from Nina Crafts, they are callled Posie Passion (ref: NC004) and Window of Waves (ref: NC003).


To make this card I started by stamping the large flower from Posie Passion twice onto black patterned paper and the small one once onto the patterned paper and once onto pink card and cut them all out. The black patterned flowers I then scrunched up and distressed.
Onto the pink one I stamped the end of the swirl from Window of waves onto two petals on one side then onto the other two petals on the other side, then distressed both sides. Next I found a couple of beads to make a body and head for my butterfly a couple of eye pins (for antenna). I threaded the beads onto the eye pins and secured with Glossy Accents, then left it to dry.

To make the background I cut a piece of cream pearlescent card, then stamped distress ink all over my acrylic block and spritz it, then stamped it onto the card twice, and left it to dry (I also used a heat gun as it was quite wet!)
Next I die cut "Friends" (Tim Holtz die) and trimed it down to fit on an A4 card. I then cut some kraft card slighlty larger to matt it onto. I then distressed the "Friends" in pink and the outer edge in brown inks. Around the edges of both pieces of card I drew a wiggly outline. And attached the Friends onto the kraft card.
Then onto background I drew wiggly lines arounds where I had stamped the ink. Then in the bottom corner I stamped the swirl and in the two opposite corners I stamped the dots.  This was then distressed and added to a larger piece of kraft card, which had been distressed and I had drawn around.

To finish off the card I took an A4 cream pearlescent card, distressed the edges lightly then attached the background. Then twords the top I attached "Friends" so that i could add the flower in the bottom corner over the swirl and the butterfly on the opposite top corner. For the center of the flower I used a large bead.

No comments:

Post a Comment