Wednesday 23 January 2013

Nina Craft: Ribbons and Twirls

My little lady is hooked on dancing at the moment though for some reason instead of calling herself a ballerina she's a "bangerina", it's the small things hey! It did make me smile making this card.
This card was made using the Ribbons and Twirls stamp set (ref: NC002) from Nina Crafts.


I started by die cutting the Bell Jar with Pedestal (Tim Holtz Alterations) out of cream and Kraft card. Onto the bell jar I stamped the ballet shoes in pink distress ink and using just a water brush dragged the colour to colour them in. I then left it on one side to dry.
Next I took a 14cm square card and embossed it with small dots, then distressed it. I then cut a piece of Kraft card smaller and distressed that too. Finally I cut a smaller piece of pink dotted paper and stamped the ribbon into the two opposite corners and the saying " Ribbons and Twirls for Beautiful Girls" in the other two. I coloured in the ribbons just using water again and distressed around the edges.
To finish this card off I attached the pink dotty paper to the kraft card, then added two brads and attached it then onto the white card. I then distressed the bell jar and pedestal. Next I attach a small piece of ribbon around the top of the bell jar, this was then attached to the card and I added some stickles down one side. I then attached the pedestal and coated it in crackle paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment