Tuesday 5 March 2013

Nina Crafts: Vroom Vroom T-shirt

I love making my own t-shirts for my little lady, she has her own sense of style and is forever demanding, sorry, asking rather loudly for a certain thing to be on her tops, so stamping onto them has become second nature to us. I just buy a bulk load of white t-shirts and wait for the demands.....


For this t-shirt I used the Vroom Vroom and plain alphabet stamp sets from Nina Crafts /Dimension Stamps.
I started by ironing some Heat'N'Bond Lite onto some red and green fabric, then onto that I stamped the car and "GO" onto it using Versacraft ink. Please remember to heat seal it using an iron otherwise it will wash out or will run if it gets wet and it will make a BIG mess! I always have a scrap piece of fabric that I place over the image when I am ironing as some does come off and I wouldn't want it to end up on my iron or worse my hubbies shirts!
Once they were sealed I cut them out leaving a small boarder around the car.
I then spaced them out on the t-shirt and stamped on the tyre tracks and exhaust fumes, then sealed them too.
Next I ironed on the car and letters. Because I had used Heat'N'Bond Lite I then had to sew around the edges of the car and letters. (If you don't like sewing you can use No Sew Heat'N'Bond!).

No comments:

Post a Comment