Wednesday 26 June 2013

Fairy Moments

I just love this card, it's sooooo girly and so not my usual style but I love how it turned out it makes me smile every time I look at it, just thinking what that little fairy is up to.

To make this card I took a square scalloped piece of card and stamped (in blue ink) and embossed (using Stardust embossing powder) Fairy Wings in the middle, towards the left side of the card. Next I masked of the wings and stamped On the Branch so that it looked like the fairy was sitting on it. then in the gap between the bottom of the wings and the branch and also at the top between the wings I shaded it in using blue Distress Ink. I then added the flowers and leaves to the branches. Then in each corner I stamped a flower and four leaves. I coloured these in using the same colour Distress Ink that I stamped them in and watered it down. Still with the wings masked, I masked of the flowers in the corners I stamped around the edge using the long stem from Poppy Cogs. In the top right corner I added a rub-on.

Next I stamped Mad Hatter in blue onto white card and cut it out.

To make the background I stamped the On the Branch and flowers onto a small strip of white card. I stamped onto scrap paper first to get a faint image. I then found some pattern paper in my stash for the bottom. I rounded all the corners and distressed around the outside edges of both pieces. I then added both pieces to a dark pink square card and rounded it's corners too and distressed around the edge. Across the middle of the card I added a thick piece of lace. This was then added to a large pale pink card.

To finish off the card I added yellow brads to the centre of the four flowers in the corners of the scalloped card and stuck this onto the card. Next I added Mad Hatter using silicon glue. I then tied a piece of pink ribbon around the lace. Finally I added Glossy Accents to the band and card on the hat and too all the flowers and leaves.

I fancy trying this card again but in Autumn colours next time.....

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment