Friday 21 June 2013

Classy Mildred

Often I am shocked how a card turns out, and this one really surprised me! I love how classy Mildred looks she really is such a versatile stamp!


To make this card I started by stamping Mildred onto white card then onto her body I stamped Crafty Jack (I didn't even bother masking her, tut, tut!). I then cut her out and used distress inks to "colour" in her stand and add slight shading to her body. Once I was happy I covered her in ultra thick embossing enamel and left her to cool! I then stamped Mad Hatter distressed him slightly and covered him in ultra thick embossing powder too.

Next I took a piece of white card slightly smaller than a DL card and chose a pink and brown distress ink. Using the pink distress ink I covered an acrylic block in the ink (the block was slightly wider than the paper) I then spritzed it and pressed the block onto the top of the card, then re-spritzed and pressed the block this time onto the bottom of the card. I then wiped the remaining ink from the block and inked it up using the brown and repeated, this time adding ink in the center and to any other places that I felt it need to go! In other words I played with the ink and water until I was happy and dried the card using a heat gun!

Once the backing card was dry I stamped the cog arrangement from Mini Cog Corners randomly in the brown distress ink, then around the edge I stamped the long stem from Poppy Cogs. I then mounted this onto a dusky pink card. Next I took a piece of cotton lace and distressed it slightly (the white was far to bright!) and added that to the top left corner and bottom right. Across the bottom right I also added some dusky pink ribbon, a bow and some hat pins. This was then attached to a DL Kraft Card.

Next  I attached a pink ribbon around Mildred waist and attached her to the card. I then made a bow from the same ribbon and attached this to the Mad Hatter using a silver brad. The Mad Hatter was then positioned onto Mildred

Finally I stamped "Birthday Wishes 2U" from Postage Sentiments and added it to a bottle top then attached it to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment