Wednesday 4 December 2013

Nina Crafts: Book Owl

I have had the new owl stamps from Nina Crafts for weeks, just sat on my crafty desk wanting to play but other things have jumped in front of them on the to do list (How rude! I hear you all cry!). 

BUT, I finally got to play and I have had soooooo much fun, so watch this space as there are many more ideas to come.......

This first card I just love he really is a wise old owl!!


To make this card I just used the Leafy Owl stamp set, but it would work with any of the three owls. 

I started by stamping the owl into a page of a book in black ink and just coloured in the leaves, branches, eyes, beak and feet. He was then cut out leaving a 1-2mm border and distressed lightly around the edge. I then stuck him onto some green patterned paper and cut him out again leaving a 1-2mm border and lightly distressed around the edge.

Next I cut a 5 inch square piece of kraft card and embossed down the right hand side of the card and distressed it. I then cut a page from a book to fit the 5 inch kraft card and tore down the right hand side and distressed it. I then stuck this to the kraft card.

In each corner I attached a bronze large brad and tied some string around the left hand side. This was then attached to a 14.5 cm square green base card.

To finish of the card I attached the Leafy Owl and stamped "Have a Hoot!" onto a scrap of cream card, trimmed it down, distressed around the edge and mounted it onto green card and attached it to the card.

Stay tuned I have been playing (sorry) making lots...........

No comments:

Post a Comment