Saturday 14 December 2013

Nina Crafts: Owl Tree

When I saw the Owl stamps from Nina Crafts I knew I wanted to have one peeking out of a tree, and luckily on one of my many visits to craft fairs over the years I had bought some wood veneer pieces and I just had to use it.



The outside of the card is just so simple. I trimmed down  a piece of "wood" to fit the front of an 14.5cm card and cut out the "hole" using the Christmas wreath Movers and Shapers from Tim Holtz. I then distressed it.

Next I stamped the saying onto a scarp of card and trimmed it down, distressed it and attached it to the "wood" using brads. I then attached this to the front of a green card which had been distressed. I then lined up the wreath die again and cut through the card.

I then stamped the Feathery Owl onto some patterned paper, cut him out leaving a slight border, distressed him added some colour. Onto a a 13.5cm square piece of cream card I stamped "Happy Birthday" (from Birthdays galore) all over it and distressed around the edge.

To finished of the card I attached the 13.5cm square card into the base card and attached the owl making sure his eyes lined up with the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment