Tuesday 17 September 2013

Birthday number 3...

This time it's my mums birthday!

I was so pleased with how this card turned out, I raided my stamp stash and found a set of Kaisercraft stamps I had never used (how rude!) so I HAD to used them for this card.

I love how it turned out it was the perfect card for my mum!


For this card I started by cutting a 7 inch square white piece of card and all over I stamped using a script stamp in Old Paper Distress Ink, then stamped the birdcage in the top corner and  a smaller arrangement from the same set in the bottom left (not that you can see it!) Finally I randomly stamped a flying Hummingbird.  When I was finished I distressed around the edge. To get the line effects I used the edge of my stamp pad ran it through my ink and tapped it onto the paper (some people use string around a block to get the same effect!).

Next I die cut the Tim Holtz Bell jar and pedestal. Onto the top I stamped the Poppy (mums favourite flower!) from Forever Floral (Dimension Stamps), coloured it and distressed it. The pedestal I just distressed.

I then cut a green piece of card 7 & 1/2 inch square and stamped the script around the edge again and distressed it. Next I attached the birdcages to it. Around the bottom I added some lace (Which I had distressed as white was too bright!) and some brown ribbon. In each corner I attached a brad and a bead cap. This was then attached to an 8 inch square card that had been distressed and the bar from my Mini cog corners stamp set stamped in each corner to make a frame.

To finish off the card I added the die cuts and some hat pins. Then added Glossy Accents to the poppies.

And here's a look at the inside......

(I always forget to take a picture of the insides!)

No comments:

Post a Comment