Saturday 14 September 2013

Birthday Two

And another birthday card!

This card is for my Father-in-Law. I am always looking for fabulous quotes and the Dr Suess one I used on this card is just perfect

"Today you are you, 
That is truer than true.
There is no one alive 
who is 
Youer than you!"

The Tim Holtz Vintage type writer is a die I got for my birthday as a challenge from my sister, this is the first time I have used it but I have to say I love it! Cheers sis!


For the background of the card I stamped Crafty Jack in two shades of ink filling the card, then in two opposite corners I stamped the Large Cog Corner and distressed it until I was happy.

Next I  die cut the Tim Holtz Vintage Typewriter twice once in black and the second one out of black card that I had washed with the silver Distress Stain. I also die cut the Tim Holtz Steampunk edge and added UTEE to it. Finally I die cut one of the Tim Holtz tattered banners but it was far to long for the card so I turned it around on the die and cut it to the length I needed. Onto it I stamped "Happy Birthday" and distressed it.

Then I typed out the quote on the "puter" and trimmed it down to fit the gap and distressed it. 

To make up the card I attached some fabric tape and string around the bottom of the background card. Then down the left hand side I added the Steampunk edge and trimmed it to fit. Next I added the quote to the type writer and stuck that to the background card using 3d glue, then I sat and added ALL the keys (I don't do fiddly so this was really hard for me, lol!). I then added the banner and attached it with two brads. The background card was then attached to an A5 Kraft card that I had added Frantage embossing powder around the edge off.

I wasn't quite pleased with the finished result so I quickly stamped, cut out, distressed, embossed and re-distressed the Baby Dragonfly. I added it to the card and it was perfect.

The Crafty Roo Designs stamps I used for this project are:
If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment