Monday 10 December 2012

Dimension Stamps: Francais Couture

Dimension Stamps have a new set of stamps out called Francais Couture (stamp ref: 2400074a). They will be showing it on Friday 14th December on Create and Craft at 11.00am, it should be a great show!


I got the idea for this card whilst watching Strictly, I just love the show and all those fabulous dresses! I think even Craig would have to give this dress a 10!
To make this card I stamped the bodice onto red card, cut it out, added Glossy Accents and left it to dry.
Next I cut a piece of white card, then tore a piece of scrap paper to mask of the centre of it. Around the edge I stamped the "words" stamp from the set. Once it was all covered I removed the mask and distressed it in red and black ink. I then cut a piece of black card to mount it onto and around the edge of that I embossed it using embossing enamel.

I mounted the white card onto the black and added some brads to three of the corners. In the fourth corner I added some black and red ribbon. To the ribbon I added some red feathers, a bottle top and some hat pins.
In the bottle top I had stamped "Dream" from the Grand Word Perfect 2 stamp set (stamp ref: 1803069a). Through the bottle top I attached a jump ring and hung a pair of earrings, it was just going to be an embellishment, but as I was attaching the beads they looked so nice I turned them into earrings, so you get a gift and a card in one!

I then attached the backing to a white card white I had distressed in red ink.
Once the bodice was dry I added black feathers to make the skirt and attached this to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment