Sunday 25 November 2012

Calendars

Another two Christmas presents made, well, they will be when I have added a photo!

I always try to give handmade presents at Christmas and I chickened out last year when it came to those pesky blokes! This year I decided they were all getting a handmade present and I mean EVERYONE!

So after much head scratching I decided I would make them a calendar. And I am so pleased with how they turned out!


I know I said two presents, well, the third is for me! I bet you can't guess which one!

They are made so that the bottom/calendar part can be taken off at the end of 2013, and the top part will fit in a box frame and become a picture.

I can't believe how quick they were to make.

I used the following stamp sets from Dimension Stamps: It's a date calendar set (ref: 2400070a), Sew Creative (2400073a ) (I use the stitches from this all the time!) and Lowercase Plain Alphabet with letter frames (ref: 2400060a).

To make these I started with the calendar I stamped the grids with slight gap, added the dates, days and under the grid I stamped the month. I trimmed these down so they were 6 inches wide and 8 inches from the bottom I perforated, so that the calendar sets can easily be torn off. 

I cut a piece of Kraft card 7inches wide for the base of the calendar and stamped 2013 in the bottom corner and stitches around the edge. Once I was happy with it, I stuck it all to a sheet of chipboard to add strength and attached the calendar sheets.

For the top part, I cut an 8x8 inch square of Kraft card and created a background for the photo using different patterned papers. Once it was done I stuck that onto chipboard too.

To join the two parts together I cut narrow strips of chipboard and stuck it to the edge of the calendar part then stuck those bits to the back of the top part.

So in 2014 all I have to do is take a craft knife to the narrow strips of chipboard and I will be left with an 8x8 scrapbook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment