Thursday 1 November 2012

Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative

This was the first card I made with the Sew Creative stamp set (ref: 2400073a), I wanted to stamp but nothing more. I am really pleased with the way it turned out!


For this card I cut a piece of white card 7.5 inch square and stamped the manikin in the centre of the card. Next I created a mask so that I could stamp the swirl into the manikins body, I stamped it making sure the flower was on the manikins shoulder, and coloured in the post. 
I then masked of the manikin. Using a torn a piece of scrap paper I masked of different sections to get the effect of pieces of torn fabric at the top and bottom. The top and bottom section were distressed lightly then the cotton reels and thimble were stamped in.

Next I worked on the centre panel, so I masked of the top and bottom then stamped more manikins, masking off each manikin as it was stamped, then I lightly distressed this section to.
Into the manikins (not the centre one!) I stamped the different buttons. Once I was happy with it I removed all the masks, except the one from the centre.
Around the edge of the card I stamped the straight stitch. On the bottom section I stamped "You have me in stitches!" then across from that I stamped the zigzag stitch, I repeated the stitches across the top section.
To the top section I added some Washi tape that looked like a tape measure. I have a new favourite crafty toy!
Down the left hand side I added some ribbon, a flower and a large brad.
Once all this was done I attached the card to an 8 inch square Kraft card, which I had lightly distressed. Around the edge I stamped the cross stitch.
Next I stamped the swirl onto patterned paper and cut out the flower, removing the mask I then attached the flower and added a button to the manikin. I also coloured in the button and added Glossy Accents to it.
I think this card has a really girlie feel, it would be perfect for any young girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment