Saturday 10 November 2012

Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative

This would make a lovely wedding or engagement card, I love the effect of the doily skirt!


For this card I used the following stamps from Dimension Stamps: Sew Creative (ref: 2400073a), Grand Word Perfect 2 (ref: 1803069a) and the hat is from Frosty's Fashion Frenzy (ref: 2400067a).

I started by stamping the manikin twice onto white card, to one I added a top hat. I then coloured the body and post on both of them. To the top hat I added Frantage embossing enamel, trying not to add it to the band on the hat.

For the "lady" I got a doily and cut it in half and folded it around the manikin to look like a skirt. Around the edge I distressed it in pink, next I took a clear ink and embossed it using Stardust embossing powder. I love how it gives the doily a translucent/waxy look. I attached it to the manikin. For her top I wrapped some lace around her shoulders and hid all the edges with a paper flower, brad and bead cap.

To make the background I stamped the swirl from Sew Creative in each corner (masking off where they overlapped) then masked them off and stamped the straight stitch all around the edge of the card.  I then stamped "Make a Wish" on the side in the gap between the swirls (making sure there was enough room left for the manikins).

On the swirls I added some colour to them and distressed around the edges. I then matted this on to some copper mirri board and attached it to a cream pearl card.

Finally I used Glossy Accents on the buttons on the swirls and Crackle Paint on the flowers. I then attached the manikins.

I just love how this turned out now, I fancy trying it in other colours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment