Friday 12 July 2013

Butterfly Canvas

Here is a really quick canvas I made using the Build Your Own Butterfly stamp set. It was sooooo relaxing poking all those pins in!!!!


I started by covering the canvas in tapioca acrylic paint (the white to bright!). When it was dry I inked around the edges using different tones of blue Distress Ink. Next I stamped the Butterfly onto the canvas using Stazon ink and the antenna in copper Glitter Paste.

I then sat and added all the pins and sequins. On the back of the canvas I had added some polystyrene and the next time I do this I will make sure I don't stamp the image over the wooden frame as it is a nightmare trying the get the pins through!

Once I had covered all the butterfly in sequins I added lace, ribbon, fabric tape, well anything I could find really until I was happy with it!

I really hope you like how it turned out.....

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website ww.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

Also check back soon as I am currently working on a couple of new fabric bag designs for the Stockport Handmade Market, which is on the 21st July. They are just beautiful and aren't even finished yet! And I have had to drag my sewing machine out ...............

No comments:

Post a Comment