Tuesday 2 July 2013

Fancy Bird

This is another really girly card for me! I can't believe how much I enjoyed making it, sticking all the sequins on was sooooooo relaxing!!!!!


For this card I started by cutting a piece of white card 2cm smaller than an A5 card. Next I stamped Baby Bird about two thirds of the way up the piece of card and the small tail. Next I added added branches and flowers using On the Branch. I stamped these onto scrap paper first to get a faded image. I then tore a quarter of a circle out of a sticky note and masked of a sun shape in the top right hand corner. I then inked this in yellow. Next removed the mask and lightly blended the sun into the sky. I then lightly distressed the rest of the sky using pale blue. Once I was happy I stamped "Birthday Wishes 2U" from Postage Sentiments masked it off then stamped the postage mark. Around the edge I stamped the long stem from Poppy Cogs. To finish this off I distress around the edge in pink and coloured in the flowers and leaves using watered down distress inks.

Next I mounted this piece of card onto a piece of Kraft card cut 1cm larger. On the Kraft card around the edge I drew a wiggly line in black. I then added a brad and a bead cap to each of the corners. Around the bottom I added a big pink ribbon and tied a bow.

Next I stamped the flower from On the Branch around the edge of an A5 dusky pink card and distressed it in pink. I then coloured the flowers in using watered down distress ink. I mounted the stamped card onto this.

To finish off this card I added some hat pins to the ribbon and secured it to the card. Then added pink sequins to each of the cogs on Baby Birds wing and tail using Glossy Accents. Finally I added Glossy Accents to all the leaves and flowers and to the "Birthday Wishes 2U" sentiment.

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website www.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment