Thursday 4 July 2013

Dreamy Dragonfly......

I have wanted to do a girly card using our Build Your Own (BYO) Dragonfly stamp set for a while as I always seem to grab that set when I am doing a blokes card, crazy I know! 

I am soooooo pleased I did this card as I think it has turned out really well! And the best part is it took longer to dry the ink than it did to make the card!!!!!!!!


To make this card I started by cutting a piece of white card  6 by 6 inch square I then covered it in Tattered Rose Distress Stain working left to right to make sure I got lines across the page. I get a bit carried away using my Distress Stains so my piece of card was soaking lol! So I then dried it off using my heat tool.

When the card was dry I stamped the dragonfly randomly over the card in a darker pink ink. Once I was happy with the background I cut the piece of white card into four, 3 by 3 inch squares. Next I laid them out making sure I mixed up the pieces so that no matching pieces were next to each other. Once I was happy with how it looked I lined the pieces up in the middle and tacked them down with a piece of low tac tape on the edges. Next I stamped the dragonfly in brown ink making sure that the dragonfly covered all four squares, then removed the tape. Around all of the edges of the four squares I distressed them in a brown ink.

Next I cut another piece of white card this time 7 by 7 inch square onto this I stuck the four pieces of card making sure the brown dragonfly remained "together".  Into each of the outer corners I added a large brad and tied some cream ribbon across the bottom of the card. This was then mounted onto an 8 by 8 inch square Kraft Card.

To finish off the card I added two pink hat pins.

I said this was a quick card, it takes about 10 minutes to do! And if you didn't want to make a large card  you could always make this card using the Baby Dragonfly on a 6 by 6 inch square card! 

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website ww.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment