Sunday 7 July 2013

Wedding Day!

Whoops it's been a couple of days! 

I have been busy playing out in this fabulous weather and have been too tired at night to blog, where as the small one (Little Lady!) has decided as its hot she will stay up later and later! Personally I think it has something to do with the bucketful of fresh home grown strawberries she is consuming every day,  or the fact she has a sneaky kip in the back of car every time we nip out even though from the moment we set off we are singing songs at the top of our lungs suddenly my singing buddy stops and she has zonked, who knows!!!

Any way back to crafty matters, this card has to be one of my favourite wedding cards of all time, I think it looks so different ....


To make this one I stamped onto a piece of white card 2cm smaller than an A5 card, the Large Cog Corner into the top right corner and bottom left in brown ink and created a mask, to mask off the bottom corner. 

Next I stamped Mildred to the left of the card and again onto another piece of white card. I coloured both of the Mildred's in using Distress Inks. Once I was happy I distressed around the stamped card and mounted it onto a bronze piece of card 1cm larger, then that was mounted onto an A5 cream pearl card and added Glossy Accents to Mildred.

Next working on the other piece of white card I stamped the Nakie Hatter and coloured it in and I also stamped "Congratulations 2U" from Postage Sentiments and cut them all out.

I covered Mildred in ultra thick embossing enamel. ( I used enamel as it dried quicker other wise I would have used Glossy Accents and left it to dry over night). Next I attached some net for a skirt, and around the top part of her body I attached lace and ribbon. I then attached Mildred to the card.

Next I shaped and attached Nakie Hatter to the other Mildred. The sentiment was placed in a bottle top and secured using Glossy Accents and then attached to the card.

I think this card works really well and can be adapted to suit any colour! I hope you like it too.....

If you like our stamps why not go and check them out on our website ww.craftyroodesigns.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment