Thursday 18 July 2013

Nina Crafts: Fancy a dip?

This was actually the first card I made using the new NEW stamp sets from Nina Crafts. I was really pleased with the results!

For this card I used the NEW stamp sets Mavis goes swimming, Cecil goes fishing (crab and fish!), Mullered Mavis (bottles), Birthday galore and ABC 123. I also used the  Dad's shed and Out at sea Dimension Stamps project club sets and finally the Letter frames (star!).

Wow I didn't realised I had used soooo many stamps lol! 


To make this card I made a stepper card out of blue and sand coloured card, so that the peaks were 4cm, 8 cm and 10 cm high. 

Onto white card I stamped, coloured and cut out Mavis. Next I stamped two sheds, added the Seagull to one of the sheds and then masked of the door of a shed and stamped the stars all over it. Then to the roof of the same shed I masked it off and added the circles. I coloured these in to match  Mavis and cut them out. I then measured the width of the sheds and trimmed the stepper down width ways to match. Onto off cuts of white card I also stamped the life ring and some wine bottles, these were all coloured in and cut out.

Next I stamped the "Happy Birthday to you ...." saying in blue ink onto some more blue card then cut it to look like a wave and stuck it onto the bottom step. I did the same with some sand coloured card but this time stamped the crab and fish onto it and stuck it to the second step. I cut a second piece of sand coloured card but left this one blank. I then stuck the sheds part way down on the final step and added the sand to the bottom of it. To the shed I also fixed the life ring with a small brad and next to the sheds I stuck on the wine bottles.

Then onto yellow card I stamped the star Letter frame and inside I stamped "LIFE Begins At......" and stamped "60" onto Mavis. I then coloured and cut this out too.

To finish off the card I made a large hole on either side of the card  through all the steps and added an eyelet to the two holes on the front. I then threaded ribbon through all the steppers and tied it at the front (this made sure the card would stand as it kept sliding flat!). I then stuck on the star and Mavis to the card and added Glossy Accents to her glasses.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Do wish my name was not Mavis though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!

    Glad you like the card though!

    ReplyDelete